Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Beautiful Lake Jackson...

I have spent many an hour down by Lake Jackson, it is a place of comfort and peace, the place I go when I have decisions to make, feeling sad, lonely or just because the day is gorgeous and I go to enjoy the wildlife, watching the boats, jet skis, and my favorite the amphibian airplanes! Once a year the have a fly in and lunch at the Sunset Grille on the SW side of the lake.....


This guy kindly possed for me...He is a Wood Stork


His friend a  Great White Heron..


A flock of Ibis in the old tree next to my parking place.


Here is my beloved friend Dr.Rao we both came to this spot every Sunday and oneday he walked over an introduced himself. A retired Physcian, he loved the Lake and all the birds. He had a wonderful philosophy of life and we enjoyed  two years of Sunday Mornings; sometimes sharing thought, sometimes just sitting quietly...He went home to Michigan 2years ago to be nearer his children for health reasons.And for the next year I called him every Sunday Morning and then last year he passed away..I laugh sometimes at what an odd pair we made, but I will always treasure the time and special friendship that we shared. You never know when the Lord will bring someone special into your life...to make it brighter and better...



Here we are in our spot side by side.
My Explorer and his Little Ford Pickup...











No comments:

Post a Comment